Boodell & Domanskis, LLC’s Business & Entrepreneurial Law Practice Group represents a wide range of clients in the formation, acquisition, capitalization, operation, and disposition of a broad range of businesses. In business law we provide practical, cost-effective advice to businesses of all types and sizes, including emerging and mature public companies, private companies and partnerships, and non-profit companies. This breadth of experience enables us to deliver legal advice of superior value to all types of business clients and at any stage of their business.
Our attorneys work with clients through each phase of the lifecycle of their businesses. B&D attorneys regularly organize and prepare the governing documents for corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies. Our team then continues representing ventures in procuring financing from banks and investors. We also regularly assist with operational matters such as employment issues, licensing matters, intellectual property, and vendor relationships.
We understand the uncertainty facing business owners in today’s economy. To help clients who do not have in-house counsel as part of their organization, we offer general counsel arrangements. Businesses can choose B&D to act as their general counsel, starting with formation and staying with us as they grow because we understand that even legal decisions are business decisions. B&D’s general counsel services are priced to provide an important service at a reasonable cost, thereby providing an element of certainty for the otherwise uncertain budget line item of legal expenses.
In working with interested clients to design these services, we take the time to not only learn our client’s business but also their business challenges. This allows us to prioritize legal needs over the entire enterprise instead of the traditional legal service model of reactionary problem management. Over time, this proactive approach strives to reduce overall legal costs by becoming partners with our clients in proactively identifying and solving issues before they mature into more complex legal problems.
Our business & entrepreneurial law practice includes:
- Assisting clients in determining the most efficient form for a new business.
- Performing complex negotiations of mergers and acquisitions.
- Buying or selling businesses or franchises.
- Representing companies and/or shareholders and members in navigating and resolving disputes between shareholders and members including, if necessary, litigation.
- Defending companies and executives in civil and criminal investigations and prosecutions.
- Providing critical advice and litigation assistance on rules and regulations central to individual and business financial issues.
- Legal and tax issues relevant to cross-border business transactions, international financing arrangements, international trade issues and doing business in countries around the world.
- Assistance in registering and acquiring intellectual properties including trademarks, patents, and copyrights.
- Developing regulatory compliance programs specific to the business.
- Representing the business’ interest with regulatory and governmental agencies.