Xiangyuan (Yen) Jiang
Bachelor of Law, Central-South University of Finance, Economics and Law, Wuhan, China
JD, IIT-Chicago Kent College of Law
State of Illinois
U.S. District Court for Northern Illinois
Phone: (312) 938-4914
More from Boodell & Domanskis, LLC
Xiangyuan (Yen) Jiang focuses his practice on estate planning and general corporate matters, including preparing declarations of living trust, wills, powers of attorney for property and health care, assignments of shares of common stock and LLC membership units and special warranty deeds, drafting operating agreements, by-laws, shareholder agreements, board/shareholder resolutions and meeting minutes, preparing and filing Articles of Organization/Incorporation, obtaining FEINs for corporations, LLCs, trusts and not-for-profit corporations, and preparing and filing Form 1023-Applications for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Code.
In addition, Yen represents buyers and sellers in real estate transactions in Chicago and Collar Counties, including negotiating contracts, communicating with lenders, realtors, parties and their attorneys, reviewing and clearing title, survey and HOA (homeowner association) documents, preparing closing documents and representing parties at closings.
Yen also works as a consultant to a major Chinese law firm representing a major U.S. manufacturer for its operations and business developments in China.
Yen received his Bachelor of Law degree at Central-South University of Finance, Economics and Law in Wuhan, China, and his Juris Doctor degree at IIT-Chicago Kent College of Law.
He is admitted to the Illinois Bar and the U.S. District Court for Northern Illinois District.
Before joining B&D, Yen worked as a legal counsel with private law firms and multinational corporations in Hong Kong, Shanghai, China and Omaha, Nebraska assisting U.S. and Europe based companies doing business in China and Hong Kong.
- Represented a major industrial chemical manufacturer in China negotiating a joint venture distributor in Chicago area distributing chemical products in 13 states in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Advised a semiconductor company in California by issuing a due diligence report and legal opinion on the export control status of the company’s 400G DSP (“Digital Signal Processor”) technology to help the client comply with the EAR (“Export Administration Regulations”).
- Represented a major private equity in a corporate equity financing in China by conducting a due diligence investigation, preparing and negotiating the share purchase agreement, shareholders agreement with schedules and ancillary documents, and monitoring delivery of closing deliverables and performance of post-closing covenants.
Activities & Associations
- Yen was born and grew up in China and is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
- Yen is a member of the Asian American Bar Association of Chicago.
- Yen is a member of the McHenry Bar Association.
- “China New VAT System” (co-author), John Marshall Law Review, Spring Issue, 1995, Chicago, Illinois.
- “VIP Card to American Market—US Generalized System of Preference and Three Thousand Products” (co-author), Guangzhou Publishing House, 1993, Guangzhou, China.