Xiangyuan (Yen) Jiang
Bachelor of Law, Central-South University of Finance, Economics and Law, Wuhan, China
JD, IIT-Chicago Kent College of Law
Yen is a member of the Asian American Bar Association of Chicago
Yen is a member of the McHenry Bar Association
More from Boodell & Domanskis, LLC
Yen Jiang is an experienced corporate and transactional attorney. He has advised individuals and businesses on business formation: selection of entities and jurisdictions, cost and tax implications, corporate governance, LLC membership, preparation of shareholders agreements, By-laws and operating agreements and filing required forms and fees for LLCs or corporations. He also has experience working as a corporate legal counsel for manufacture and distribution businesses by reviewing/drafting/negotiating commercial and business contracts, advising on corporate governance, business transactions, employment and regulatory compliance, conducting due diligence investigations, and preparing board of directors meeting proposals, minutes/resolutions.
Yen also works in real estate and estate planning.
Yen graduated from Central-South University of Finance, Economics and Law in Wuhan, China with a Bachelor of Law degree. He received his Juris Doctor degree at IIT-Chicago Kent College of Law. His first job out of Chicago Kent was as an assistant Public Defender of Cook County, representing defendants in paternity and child support cases, and in recent years, he practices commercial and civil litigations in federal and state courts doing research, preparing and filing pleadings, motions and briefs, and arguing for clients in court.
Yen also worked as a legal counsel with private law firms and multinational corporations in Chicago, Hong Kong, Shanghai, China and Omaha, Nebraska assisting U.S. and Europe based companies to do business with or in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- Represented a major industrial chemical manufacturer in China negotiating a joint venture distributor in Chicago area distributing chemical products in 13 states in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Advised a semiconductor company in California by issuing a due diligence report and legal opinion on the export control status of the company’s 400G DSP (“Digital Signal Processor”) technology to help the client comply with the EAR (“Export Administration Regulations”).
- Represented a major private equity in a corporate equity financing in China by conducting a due diligence investigation, preparing and negotiating the share purchase agreement, shareholders agreement with schedules and ancillary documents, and monitoring delivery of closing deliverables and performance of post-closing covenants.
Activities & Associations
- Yen was born and grew up in China and is fluent in Mandarin Chinese
- “China New VAT System” (co-author), John Marshall Law Review, Spring Issue, 1995, Chicago, Illinois.
- “VIP Card to American Market—US Generalized System of Preference and Three Thousand Products” (co-author), Guangzhou Publishing House, 1993, Guangzhou, China.