BA, Sociology, Grinnell College, 1996
JD, University of Illinois College of Law, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2002
State of Illinois
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
United States Court of Federal Claims
More from Boodell & Domanskis, LLC
Nada Djordjevic is a litigator with over ten years of experience litigating commercial disputes for clients ranging from small businesses and individual entrepreneurs to multi-national corporations. She has litigated matters including complex business disputes, breach of contract cases, insurance coverage actions, professional liability claims, consumer fraud cases, products liability claims, U.C.C. disputes, bankruptcy litigation and cases involving multi-state/federal district class-actions.
Nada has significant experience representing regional and community banks in resolving distressed commercial real-estate loans, including loan portfolios acquired from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation as receiver for failed institutions. Nada has handled enforcement actions in state and federal courts and in bankruptcy proceedings, including numerous commercial real estate foreclosure matters.
Nada has practiced at both large and small law firms in Chicago, and represented a wide variety of clients, including banks, pharmaceutical manufacturers, chemical manufacturers and distributors, energy providers, automobile manufacturers, railcar distributors, commercial printers, real estate developers, social service agencies, and telecommunications companies.
- Prosecuted over $30 million dollar breach of note and guaranty case and negotiated a settlement of all claims.
- Integral member of the trial team prosecuting a multimillion dollar accounting malpractice case.
- Represented client’s interests in developing and implementing strategy to protect the client’s rights and obtain full benefit of pollution liability insurance policy in matters involving sites and products located throughout the country.
- Successfully prosecuted an Americans with Disabilities Act class action case brought against several municipalities, state agencies, and private transportation providers, and negotiated court-monitored settlements with all defendants setting forth specific requirements for providing ADA compliant transportation services in the region.
- Represented client’s interests in developing and implementing litigation strategy locally and nationally, both for the client individually and as part of a coordinated joint defense effort in a series of multi-defendant class action, consumer fraud, and Medicaid fraud cases in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
- Assisted in the prosecution of a nuclear energy provider’s breach of contract case against the United States government regarding the storage of spent nuclear fuel pursuant to the Nuclear Waste Policy Act, resulting in a settlement for an initial $80 million, plus additional future damages.
- Served on the trial team in a lawsuit over a failed $197 million merger, including drafting a brief in opposition to opponent’s claim for specific performance. Opponent dropped the specific performance claim before trial. Case settled for $20 million.
- Ensured client received appropriate treatment and transitioned through the state mental health system through preparing and arguing motions regarding various aspects of the client’s court-ordered mental health treatment, gathering facts and preparing affidavits of counselor, and examining the treating psychologist in support of the same.
Activities & Associations
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Nada was the Symposium Editor for the University of Illinois Law Review.