Linda Vernon Goldberg
BA, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1978
JD, Northwestern University Law School, 1983
State of Illinois
More from Boodell & Domanskis, LLC
Linda Vernon Goldberg concentrates her primary practice in lending and real estate transactions as well as providing general counsel to a wide range of businesses. For 15 years Linda was in-house counsel for two financial institutions, and before that she was a commercial real estate attorney in one of the largest law firms in Chicago. She was in-house corporate counsel to the City of Chicago focusing on small business financing, affordable housing, arts and cultural programming under the administration of Mayor Harold Washington.
Linda is involved in non-profit and arts advocacy, having served on the board of directors of a symphony orchestra and a non-profit theatre. She has assisted clients in performing and visual arts, music, education and community development, copyright, licensing, venue and contract matters.
Linda has turned an interest in health and fitness into an avocation. She holds a Personal Trainer Certification and is a candidate for an Orthopedic Exercise Specialist Certification, both through the prestigious American Council on Exercise (ACE). She has assisted fitness centers in restructuring member agreements and is available to provide counsel to fitness centers and fitness professionals.
- Represent lenders and borrowers in construction, bridge and long term financing using conventional, government incentives and multi-layered financing
- Represent owners and developer in acquisition, financing, licensing and zoning approvals
- Represent commercial landlords and tenants in leases including ground leases, office, retail and industrial space
- Negotiated licensing agreements for use of intellectual property
- Draft operating agreements for LLCs and shareholder agreements for corporations
- Draft letters of intent, joint venture and partnership agreements, non-disclosure agreements, dispute resolution and settlement agreements
- Conduct legal audits and prepare training manuals, policies and procedures for company management and staff to manage legal and business risk
Activities & Associations
- Editorial Board, Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business
- Member, Chicago Bar Association – Real Estate Committee and Financial Institutions Committee
- Real Estate Broker and Consultant, Landstar Realty Group, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras
- Board of Directors, Chicago Dramatists