Linda V. Goldberg
BA, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1978
JD, Northwestern University Law School, 1983
State of Illinois
More from Boodell & Domanskis, LLC
Linda Vernon Goldberg concentrates her practice in commercial, lending and real estate transactions as well as providing general counsel to a wide range of businesses. For 15 years, Linda was in-house counsel for two financial institutions and before that she was a commercial real estate attorney in one of the largest law firms in Chicago. She was in-house corporate counsel to the City of Chicago focusing on small business financing, affordable housing, arts and cultural programming under the administration of Mayor Harold Washington.
Linda is also a licensed real estate broker with Landstar Realty Group and assists clients in buying, selling, leasing and managing commercial, retail, office and residential real estate.
Linda is actively involved in non-profit and arts advocacy, especially in performing and visual arts, music, education and community development, representing clients in copyright, licensing, venue and contract matters.
- Represent lenders and borrowers in construction, bridge and long term financing using conventional, government incentives and multi-layered financing
- Represent owners and developer in acquisition, financing, licensing and zoning approvals
- Represent commercial landlords and tenants in leases including ground leases, office, retail and industrial space
- Negotiated licensing agreements for use of intellectual property
- Draft operating agreements for LLCs and shareholder agreements for corporations
- Draft letters of intent, joint venture and partnership agreements, non-disclosure agreements, dispute resolution and settlement agreements
- Conduct legal audits and prepare training manuals, policies and procedures for company management and staff to manage legal and business risk
Activities & Associations
- Editorial Board, Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business
- Member, Chicago Bar Association – Real Estate Committee and Financial Institutions Committee
- Real Estate Broker and Consultant, Landstar Realty Group, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras
- Board of Directors, Chicago Dramatists