Linda V. Goldberg
BA, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1978
JD, Northwestern University Law School, 1983
State of Illinois
Linda Vernon Goldberg concentrates her practice in commercial, lending and real estate transactions as well as providing general counsel to a wide range of businesses. For 15 years, Linda was in-house counsel for two financial institutions and before that she was a commercial real estate attorney in one of the largest law firms in Chicago. She was in-house corporate counsel to the City of Chicago focusing on small business financing, affordable housing, arts and cultural programming under the administration of Mayor Harold Washington.
Linda is also a licensed real estate broker with Landstar Realty Group and assists clients in buying, selling, leasing and managing commercial, retail, office and residential real estate.
Linda is actively involved in non-profit and arts advocacy, especially in performing and visual arts, music, education and community development, representing clients in copyright, licensing, venue and contract matters.
- Represent lenders and borrowers in construction, bridge and long term financing using conventional, government incentives and multi-layered financing
- Represent owners and developer in acquisition, financing, licensing and zoning approvals
- Represent commercial landlords and tenants in leases including ground leases, office, retail and industrial space
- Negotiated licensing agreements for use of intellectual property
- Draft operating agreements for LLCs and shareholder agreements for corporations
- Draft letters of intent, joint venture and partnership agreements, non-disclosure agreements, dispute resolution and settlement agreements
- Conduct legal audits and prepare training manuals, policies and procedures for company management and staff to manage legal and business risk
Activities & Associations
- Editorial Board, Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business
- Member, Chicago Bar Association – Real Estate Committee and Financial Institutions Committee
- Real Estate Broker and Consultant, Landstar Realty Group, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras
- Board of Directors, Chicago Dramatists