Gerald A. Weber
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1963
University of Michigan, B.B.A., 1960
More from Boodell & Domanskis, LLC
Gerry Weber works closely as a practicing attorney and Certified Public Accountant with his clients. Drawing upon 50 years of experience in the tax, financial, real estate, corporate, family and business planning fields, Gerry helps his clients achieve their goals in each of those areas.
Gerry has extensive experience representing families, entrepreneurs, investors and business enterprises. He assists his clients in the development and implementation of their long-term business, financial, charitable, and estate and family planning goals including appraisals, cash flow analysis, federal and state tax, risk management, employee compensation and retirement matters.
Because of his multi-dimensional training and experience, it accords Gerry the opportunity to assist clients in achieving environmental, social and governance objectives that ultimately leads his clients to deliver better outcomes in their business and ownership capacities.
Gerry has served as a director, trustee and advisor to many families, as well as numerous public charities and family charitable foundations.
Areas of Focus:
• Business Investment Planning
• Income, Gift and Estate Tax Compliance and Planning
• Estate and Probate Administration
• Family and Estate Charitable Planning
• Family Office Planning and Implementation
• Business and Entrepreneurial Law
• Charitable planning for families including foundations, donor advised funds, charitable trusts that are funded over multi year periods.
• Deferred tax planning strategies involving installment sales, tax free exchanges, opportunity zone acquisitions, inter family sales involving loans, preferred and common ownership interests.
• Utilizing available discounts and compensation strategies supported by appropriate discounts/appraisals.
• Tax free mergers/acquisitions, spin offs, debt refinancing transactions.
• Management compensation planning for private companies.
• Corporate/business tax free liquidations.
Activities & Associations:
U.S. Army Military Police Service 1963 – 1969
Jewish Vocational Services, Board of Directors 1978 – 1988
Anti-Defamation League, Board of Directors 1989 – 1997
Erikson Institute, Board of Directors 1998 – 2009