David A. Golanty
BA, History, University of Michigan, 2004
JD, Northwestern University School of Law, 2008
State of Illinois
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
More from Boodell & Domanskis, LLC
David Golanty focuses his practice at Boodell & Domanskis, LLC on commercial litigation, alternative dispute resolution, creditors’ rights, and labor and employment law. His litigation work includes representing clients in various settings, including state and federal courts as well as before administrative bodies. He has experience in employment-related contract drafting and enforcement, and uses his certified mediator training to resolve contentious disputes prior to costly litigation.
Additionally, David counsels clients in a wide range of employment law matters and social media best practices. Since becoming a part of the B&D team, David has expanded his practice in other areas including drafting real estate agreements, representing clients in probate matters, and helping organizations attain 501(c)(3) status.
Before joining B&D, David practiced management side labor and employment law for a national firm, preparing discovery in class action lawsuits and advising small business clients. David also served as an extern for the National Labor Relations Board, Region 13. While earning his Juris Doctorate at Northwestern University School of Law, David worked as a research assistant for Professor Lynn Cohn and as a teaching assistant for Professor Sheila Maloney in the area of Negotiation.
- Represented bank in eviction of squatters from foreclosed property.
- Represented residential landlord in building violation case in administrative law hearing.
- Counseled small business owner in social media issues.
- Created independent contractor agreements for non-profit organization needing seasonal assistance.
- Represented trucking company in single plaintiff wage claim.
- Assisted in successful appeal to the Seventh Circuit on civil RICO matter.
- Represented commercial landlord in complex breach of contract suit.
- Represented commercial tenant in breach of contract case.
- Represented company in employment termination dispute.
- Represented non-profit community development organization in demolition court.
- Represented restaurant owners in landlord disputes, construction, and building issues.
- Created and prepared consulting agreements and statements of work for independent contractor.
- Represented consulting contractor in reclaiming debts owed from various non-paying employers.
- Represented condominium association in foreclosure case to preserve rights to HOAs.
Activities & Associations
- David is a member of the Chicago Bar Association
- David has been recognized by Leading Lawyers as an Emerging Lawyer (2016-2017) in the areas of Commercial Litigation, Creditor’s Rights/Commercial Collections Law, and Employment Law: Management
- David was named by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star (2017) in the area of Civil Litigation