BS, Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Kansas, 2010
JD, University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, 2013
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
More from Boodell & Domanskis, LLC
Alex Chez focuses his practice on estate planning, trust and estate administration, probate, and guardianship services. He also provides business formation, transaction, and succession planning services.
- Estate Planning, Probate, and Guardianship
- Advise clients on asset protection, wealth transfer, tax matters.
- Devise estate plan strategy customized to each clients’ objectives and draft the necessary documents.
- Draft and administer trust documents, including Special Needs Trusts.
- Prepare estate and gift tax returns.
- Former law school Teaching Assistant for Federal Income Tax course.
- Administration of guardianship estates and fiduciary representation.
- Estate and trust disputes.
- Former Guardianship Administrator for international bank as corporate fiduciary.
- Former Law Clerk for the Office of the Cook County Public Guardian.
- Business Structuring, Succession Planning, and Tax Matters
- Advise clients on corporate formation and succession planning.
- Draft partnership, buy-sell, shareholder, compensation, and employment agreements.
- Negotiate and draft residential and commercial real estate agreements, stock purchase agreements, licensing and distribution agreements, Corporate formation, partnership, and succession planning.
ACTIVITIES & ASSOCIATIONS
- Alex is a member of the Chicago and Illinois State Bar Associations.
- Young Professionals Board member for the Public Interest Law Initiative.
- Member of the Decalogue Society of Lawyers.
- Named one of the Rising Stars in Estate Planning and Probate (2022) by Super Lawyers.
- Case Study of Gross v. Rell, Guardianship and Conservatorship Section Newsletter, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (May 18, 2012).