Boodell & Domanskis, LLC’s Banking & Finance Practice Group utilizes a broad knowledge of banking to represent lenders and borrowers with regard to commercial loans, workouts, and restructuring.
Our clients include government agencies and regional and community banks throughout the country. We represent them in matters involving mortgage foreclosures, real estate and equipment loans, securing lines of credit, and loan forbearance and modification. In representing our clients, B&D attorneys use their broad experience to craft solutions that maximize our clients’ interests.
In all of these representations we focus on achieving a prompt resolution that maximizes our clients’ recoveries. These matters also frequently involve claims in bankruptcy courts, fraudulent conveyance proceedings, mechanics’ lien claims, and alleged building code violations. B&D attorneys have the proficiency in both financial and legal arenas to advise clients in a wide array of banking and finance issues.
Recent representations include:
- Lender’s counsel on origination of $1.5M special situation, first mortgage loan.
- Primary outside counsel to regional bank in resolving $1.2B distressed loan portfolio acquired from the FDIC.
- Lender’s counsel for complex workout of $15M mezzanine loan on hotel and resort.
- Lender’s counsel on sale of distressed $32.5M first mortgage loan.
- Lender’s counsel on enforcement of $30M loan, including investigation and prosecution of fraudulent conveyances and defense of counterclaims.
- Lender’s counsel on workout of multiple loans evidencing $25M total credit relationship.
- Borrower’s counsel on workout of $10M first mortgage construction loan.
- Borrower’s counsel on $40M in tax credit and debt financing.
- Borrower’s counsel on $1.5M term loan and $500K working capital line of credit.